Don't Get Hooked By What's Overlooked
August 23, 16
When searching for the right location to start or expand your business, you might consider such things as ease of access, foot traffic, affordable rent, and adequate space. These are all very important factors to consider, but over-looking other important key aspects can have an impact on the ultimate success of your business. It is for this reason that obtaining tenant representation is so vital.
A qualified and experienced professional can guide you in asking the right questions and doing the appropriate research when considering a location. Some of these questions may include:
• Is this area already saturated with similar businesses and competitors?
• Is this property located near my target market?
• Is the rent for this property in line with what other businesses are paying in this area? Is it higher or lower? If so, why?
• Are the terms of the lease fair and reasonable? Are they negotiable if needed?
• Does this landlord have a good reputation? Have any complaints been filed? If so, for what?
• Is this building or property currently for sale? How might a sale affect my lease?
• Are there any plans for long-term road or building construction in the area that may affect traffic, accessibility, or otherwise hinder the flow of business?
Because we are so familiar with the Houston area and the commercial market, we can provide answers to these important questions. We take the unique needs of your business into consideration when assisting you in finding the right location to thrive and grow. We can also help you negotiate and understand the terms of your lease. If you are looking for the right place to start or expand your business, please contact us for more information on how we can help.