Tips for Selecting a New Office Space for Lease
August 17, 16
Presently in Houston, the most populous city in Texas, there exists over 6,000 office spaces for lease at any given time. With such a culturally diverse population and the influx of the millennial demographic, there exists a wide range of properties tailored to meet change demands for location with ease of access, open floor spaces that foster collaboration, and design strategies that promote a modern atmosphere which tend to retain employees.
After you've decided on a traditional office space with cubicles and private offices, or a modern, open floor space plan, also consider these tips when selecting a new office space for lease:
• Survey your employees to determine what factors are most important to maintaining a happy and productive office environment.
• Tour various feasible properties and compare market valuations which can be provided by your real estate broker.
• Take note of building security (electronic access or on-site security guard) and parking space availability and convenience, and whether it is open air or a covered structure.
• If offices are in a metropolitan or downtown district, public transportation can be a selling point for office personnel who may want to ditch traffic nightmares.
• Inspect the property to ensure there are no signs of leaks from fixtures, walls or ceilings, and question how maintenance issues are handled when they arise.
• If your business sponsors client visits frequently, determine if the office decor is sufficient or will updates need to be included.
Contact us for our many locations in the Houston, Texas area from business parks, to retail centers, and combination warehouse, industrial and office properties. Our focus is on finding the best solution for your specific real estate needs and we apply a personalized team approach to finding innovative solutions to problems.