Qualities a Good Houston Property Management Firm Should Posses
November 18, 16
If you're looking to hire a property management firm, chances are, you don't feel you know enough about real estate to manage a property yourself; or you're too busy to do the job. Either way, you want to make the right choice, yet it's hard to know what differentiates one property management firm from the other. This is especially true if many of them seem to boast the same features. However, there are some qualities you can look for in Houston's property management firms to better enable you to choose the right one for your needs. Your property is one of the most significant investments you'll ever make both financially and time-wise. Because of this, you don't want to rush your decision.
Of course, it goes without saying that you should:
• Get references,
• Check out vacancy rates, social media reviews and other track records available,
• Find out how potential firm candidates handle tenant acquisition, and
• Ask about maintenance policies and tenant fee structures
However, is there anything else that defines a good property manager?
In addition to the basics:
• Good property managers are very knowledgeable - They have a keen understanding of the current market, the real estate laws in your area, the tenant screening process, and leasing design.
• Good property managers are great communicators - When you need to speak to them, they're easily accessible. It's not a hassle to get in touch with them. Property manager phones are notorious for going to voicemail and for calls not being returned. Communication can mean the difference between major damage to your property and a simple leak that a little puddy can fix.
• Good property managers are professional - Though all property managers should always strive to have an empathetic mindset, professionalism should also be part of their demeanor at all times; (even on casual dress day at work); and
• Good property managers are good with numbers - It's important for property managers to also have a good head for business. They have to understand basic accounting and business principles in order to even understand how to conduct business properly and protect your investment at the same time.
We've invited only the best and the brightest to be on staff here at LandPark Commercial. Contact us today so we can get one of our talented team members working with you as soon as possible.