LandPark Commercial, a Texas based Real Estate management company, is actively seeking a highly motived, accomplished, well organized Property Manager for multi-site office portfolio located in Houston, Texas.
The ideal candidate will have prior hands-on experience in managing a portfolio of multiple class B+ properties with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment. This position reports to the Asset Manager and will oversee maintenance and administrative staff.
The Property Manager manages all activities relating to the operation of the property including, but not limited to:
- Ensure the safety and welfare of the property and it’s tenants.
- Identify life safety, mechanical and any liability or code concerns implementing strategic and immediate resolutions.
- Maintain accurate records and expirations of due dates for all required permits and annual, quarterly or monthly inspections.
- Scheduling and managing property maintenance including roofing, parking lot repairs, HVAC, all mechanical systems etc.
- Evaluating and implementing energy efficiency projects, utility systems, and long term capital projects.
- Develop and maintain a qualified contractor group to provide efficient and profitable operation.
- Manage the fiscal activities of the property including monthly financial reporting, rent collection, receivables etc.
- Prepare operating expense reconciliation and maintain proper escalation and recovery systems.
- Prepare annual operating budgets and manage capital expenditures according to acquisition plan.
- Establish, monitor, and evaluate financial operating results and enhance the cash flow and performance in accordance with the owners goals and objectives.
- Be knowledgeable of lease provisions and maintain a working knowledge of tenant rules and regulations. Ensure that repair and maintenance responsibilities, as well as operational agreements, are enforced as defined in the leases.
- Work with the leasing department to ensure optimum tenant mix and transition.
- Coordinate, solicit bids and oversee tenant construction and property renovations.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with tenants, contractors, local community and groups or associations.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Asset Manager.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum five (5) years experience in commercial property management.
- Strong computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Outlook . Yardi, MRI experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and / or equivalent combination of education and experience relevant to industry.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to analyze and understand financial reports