The Property Administrator will work directly with the Property Manager by performing clerical and administrative tasks for assigned properties. The PA will be the first point of contact in the Management Office and should exhibit superior customer service when communicating with tenants, prospective tenants, owners, contractors, vendors and visitors to the building.
- Certificate of Insurance Tracking – COIs must be maintained and updated on a regular basis for both Tenants and Contractors.
- Tenant Move In/Move Out Process – Coordinate all arrangements, notify proper service providers (e.g. janitorial, security), request keys, issue access cards, etc. and collect certificate of insurance as necessary.
- Property Management Files – PA is responsible for maintaining all documents/paper work for the property and will file electronically or manually as appropriat .
- Budget Preparation – Assists team members with budget preparation for the property as requested by Manager.
- Receptionist Responsibilities – Greet all visitors to the management office and assist as needed. Answer all incoming calls to the management office. Assist caller as needed or direct to the Property Manager.
- Assist in Departmental Projects as required.
- Accounts Payables – Property Administrator is responsible for ensuring all invoices for the property are coded, submitted to PM for approval and paid
- W-9’s – Obtains completed W-9 forms from all vendors and submit to accounting for vendor set up.
- Rent Statements – Print/prepare monthly rent statements to be sent via email, mail or hand delivery. PA will ensure proper back up documents for other tenant charges are included with statement.
- Accounts Receivable – Print aged delinquency report on the designated day each month. PA is responsible for sending delinquency letters for outstanding charges in accordance with A/R procedures.
- Bank Deposits – PA will prepare bank deposits and submit to Property Manager for deposit. PA will ensure payments are sent to accounting department for application to tenant’s account.
- Tenant Billback/Adjustment Forms – PA will prepare invoices, reimbursement and tenant adjustment forms for all miscellaneous Tenant Service Requests and track payment (e.g., requested HVAC over time, sub-meter invoice, duplicate keys or above buildings standard services such as special tenant signage, furniture moving etc.).
- Electric Consumption Tracking – Responsible for ensuring engineers submit monthly readings from electric meters for tenants who have supplemental units.
- Assist with monthly reporting packages as necessary (variance analysis, delinquency comments/status, etc.)
- Tenant Service Requests – PA is responsible for daily review of TSR’s noting completion times or dates if beyond acceptable limits, whether job performed to satisfy TSR, etc. Work with engineering staff to identify discrepancies and address in next staff meeting.
- Service Contracts – Assist in processing service contracts, maintaining expirations and soliciting proposals as requested by managers.
- Access Cards – PA responsible for ensuring all tenant access cards are activated and deactivated as requested. PA will also maintain access card tracking log.
- Cleanable SF – PA will prepare monthly cleanable square footage reconciliations at the end of the month for verification and submission by the PM.
- Parking Assignments – Maintain parking logs, maps, stickers or other tracking method for reserved parking and associated lease charges.
- Conference Rooms – Maintain the conference room schedules and inspect conference rooms after tenant usage to ensure cleanliness, items are not left and all equipment functions properly.
- Office Supplies – Maintain and submit requests for office supplies.
- Incoming/Outgoing Mail – Sort incoming mail and distribute as needed. Ensure outgoing mail is given to postal carrier or dropped off to on-site mail box.
- Customer Service – Provide superior customer service to all tenants, clients, contractors and visitors at all times.
- Tenant Events – PA will assist APM, PM, or AM in planning and coordinating the schedule for all tenant events at the building.
- Tenant Handbook – Review, update, revise and distribute to tenants.
- Tenant Notification – Prepare tenant memos and correspondence as directed by Managers regarding building holidays, upcoming events, etc. Distribute as needed.
- Safety Warden Meetings – Work with Manager and engineering staff to plan annual safety warden meetings for hi-rise and mid-rise buildings.
- Contact Lists – Maintain tenant, employee and contractors’ contacts lists, to include emergency contact numbers, on a monthly basis at minimum.
Qualifications and Skills
- Some college; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2-3 years of clerical or administrative experience in commercial real estate REQUIRED – Multi-family/apartment/residential experience will not be considered.
- Knowledge of basic accounting preferred.
- Must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in MRI, Yardi or similar accounting system preferred.
- Ability to keep information strictly confidential.
- Must be able to resolve issues timely and efficiently, handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to assist and/or travel to corporate office located in Southwest Houston, if needed.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment (e.g. computer, printer, copier, fax machine, telephone).
- Spanish speaker preferred but not required.